Wednesday, November 30, 2011
US Labor Department Files Complaint Against Cargill Meat Solutions for Discrimination at Springdale, Ark., Facility
Monday, November 28, 2011
Census 2010: Sixth Informal Update on Status of ACS 2006-2010 Special EEO File
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
"Hire a Veteran" - President Obama signs the Veterans Opportunity to Work to Hire Heroes Act of 2011
The current administration's focus on assisting the veterans to be part of the productive workforce has once again became apparent when President Barack Obama signed the "VOW [Veterans Opportunity to Work] to Hire Heroes Act" into law on Monday, November 21, 2011. This is another stepping stone for the Obama Administration in their high pursuit of making sure that our service members will have jobs available when they come home.
Read full article: Veterans Opportunity to Work to Hire Heroes Act of 2011
Thursday, November 17, 2011
A Case for Reviewing Hiring and Selection Processes
Nishimoto Holding Company seeks to improve training for personnel involved in the selection process and will undertake extensive self-monitoring measures to ensure that all hiring practices fully comply with the law and immediately correct any discriminatory practices.
Companies can proactively assess their selection processes to minimize risk.
Review the outcome of the Nishimoto Trading Co. gender discrimination case
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
OFCCP Audits 101: What Happens When You Withhold Compensation Info and/or Data?
Read the complete article:
US district court rules United Space Alliance must give US Labor Department access to information for review of its Cape Canaveral, Fla., facility [11/15/2011]
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
New Veterans Initiatives
As members of our Armed Services return from active duty and seek employment in the private sector the Obama administration continues to show their support by providing resources through New Veterans Initiatives directed by the Department of Labor.
To learn more, check out the latest post found on the Office of Disability Employment Policy Newsletter’s web site. http://www.dol.gov/odep/newsletter/
Secretary Hilda Solis Unveils New Veterans Initiatives
Leading the department's annual "Salute to Veterans" ceremony on Thursday November 3, Secretary Solis used the forum to announce new initiatives designed to help military personnel receive training, find jobs and transition back into civilian life, including a curriculum redesign of the Transition Assistance Program.
ODEP Offers Resources for Veterans with Disabilities
ODEP supports a number of initiatives to help Veterans and returning Service Members with disabilities understand training and employment services that may be available to them. Additionally, it provides educational resources to help employers hire and support wounded warriors.
Learn more about resources available for veterans with disabilities
For more news and Office of Disability Employment Policy Resources by Topic,
visit ODEP's topic page.
If you have questions regarding the New Veterans Initiatives and what they may mean for your organization or company, please let us know:
- BiddleAAP.com - affirmative action planning consulting and software
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online contact form: contact form
Waiting for Your Letter of Compliance?
The National Pre-Award Registry provides information concerning Federal Contractors, that have been reviewed by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP). These Federal Contractors have been found to be "In Compliance" with the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) regulations that the OFCCP is mandated to enforce. The information contained in this Registry is for a past two-year period from today. The Registry is updated nightly and facilities reviewed more than 2 years ago are removed as new ones are added.
- A search Engine that will enable you to search the Registry (in ascending or descending order) using the Name of the Contractor Facility; and
- The capability to download the entire Registry (about 1 Mb) to your location. Once downloaded, this information can then be imported into any word processor, spreadsheet, or database software package.
Friday, November 4, 2011
“How to Prepare for an OFCCP Audit”: Webinar with Retired OFCCP Officer Sandra Hueneman
Are you ready for an OFCCP Compliance Evaluation?
BCGi is pleased to present guest speaker Sandra Hueneman, a recently retired OFCCP officer, to help you prepare for an OFCCP audit.
This free webinar will provide a brief overview of the OFCCP Compliance Evaluation and the importance of being prepared. Your preparation now can help you to not be the subject of a discrimination finding or costly litigation.
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
10:00 AM to 11:30 AM PST
She will cover various topics including:
- OFCCP Compliance Evaluations in 2011
- What employers need to document about the Compliance Evaluation and why
- What to review and consider prior to submitting your Affirmative Action Plans (AAP)
- What to do once AAPs are submitted
- The Affirmative Action Plan through the eyes of OFCCP
- Additional data requests from OFCCP
- Results of OFCCP’s Compliance Evaluation and resolution
- Department of Labor’s Enforcement Database (and what it means to employers!)
This webinar will be available for HRCI credits.
Don’t miss out on this valuable presentation!
This webinar is offered at no charge by
the Biddle Consulting Group Institute of Workforce Development.
Find out the how you can benefit from a BCGi membership!
(Free Standard & Premium Platinum Membership available)
Mid-Atlantic and Northeast Leadership Announcements
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Vets100 Online Reporting Application Now Live
- All contractors need to re-register before they can file their 2011 reports. All historical accounts and information are no longer available due to the system change at the VETS office. Hence it becomes imperative for all users/contractors to re-register. Upon completion of re-registration, contractors will be provided with a new company number and password to access the VETS-100/100A filing system.
>>To register a company for the 2011 cycle : Register for the current cycle.
- The time frame for the information has not changed. The reporting period for the data remains the same (i.e., any payroll period from July 1 through September 30). Contractors can start submitting their reports from November 1, 2011 to December 30, 2011. However, no reports will be accepted after December 30, 2011.
- Contracting officers should not withhold funds to contractors due to late filing of 2011 reports. Contractors should not be penalized for not filing their VETS-100 for the 2011 cycle yet. The filing cycle is still open. Contracting officers can, however, handle the contracts according to VETS 100/100A regulations if and when the contractors failed to file their reports by December 30, 2011.
- Reports for the 2010 cycle. Contractors who failed to submit their 2010 cycle reports are given the chance to file their reports. The 2010 forms are now available.
Please e-mail VETS100email@example.com
- email: VETS100firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 1-866-237-0275
- email: email@example.com
- online contact form: contact form